Upper Woolhampton, West Berkshire
A truly unique and outstanding luxury three bedroomed duplex apartment, together with its own private entrance hall, within this award winning scheme, formerly the buildings and grounds of Douai School, situated in the heart of the West Berkshire countryside with easy access to Reading, Newbury and M4 Motorway.
SummaryA truly unique and outstanding luxury three bedroomed duplex apartment, together with its own private entrance hall, within this award winning scheme, formerly the buildings and grounds of Douai School, situated in the heart of the West Berkshire countryside with easy access to Reading, Newbury and M4 Motorway.
- Magnificent Duplex Apartment Together with Own Private Entrance
- Three Bedrooms & Three Luxurious Bath/Shower Rooms
- Stunning 48ft x 25ft Drawing Room/Dining Room/Study
- Many Striking Features including Stone Mullion Windows & Grand Fireplace
- Secure Underground Car Parking for Two Cars & Attractively Landscaped Communal Grounds
- On-site Concierge/Estate Manager
- Luxuriously Appointed with High Quality Fittings Throughout
- Splendid Landscaped Communal Gardens/Grounds
- Only Approx. 1 Mile from Midgham Station
Full DescriptionNewbury - 8 miles
Reading - 11 miles
Theale (M4/J12) - 6 miles
Central London - 50 miles
Midgham Station - 1 mile
(Mileages are approximate)
Situated in an elevated position on the edge of the Kennet Valley within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty surrounded by glorious open countryside interspersed with many historic villages providing excellent outdoor facilities and within easy driving distance of the Bradfield Sports and Tennis Complex. The thriving commercial centres of Reading and Newbury are easily accessible enjoying excellent shopping, leisure and night life venues.
An award winning development completed by Bewley Homes Plc in 2006 providing a wide selection of elegant properties including the magnificent refurbishment of the Grade II Listed original school buildings together with a variety of new houses and apartments of sympathetic design.
A visit to this unrivalled scheme is highly recommended to fully appreciate the quality and design complemented by the elevated position with views across the Kennet Valley.
No 34 is a stunning duplex apartment together with its own private entrance and must be seen inside to be fully appreciated, especially the drawing room which is a particular feature of the property and used to serve as a library. The property forms part of the lovingly restored original school buildings (The Great Hall) with enjoyable south/south-easterly aspect over attractive communal gardens known as ‘The Quadrangle’, featuring a magnificent copper beech tree.
Private Entrance Hall, Cloakroom, First Floor Hallway, Drawing Room/Dining Room/Study, Kitchen, Utility Room, Master Bedroom with En-suite Bath/Shower Room, Bedroom Two, Shower Room, Bedroom Three with En-suite Shower Room (Second Floor), Private Underground Car Parking for Two Cars, Attractively Landscaped Communal Grounds, Concierge Service.
Presented in excellent order throughout, as illustrated on the accompanying floorplan and featuring the following:
• Electric underfloor heating with individual room thermostats augmented by air source heating in the drawing room/dining room/study
• Panelled internal doors with brass fittings
• French oak luxury kitchen with integrated Bosch appliances
• Security entry phone system
• Luxuriously appointed cloakroom and bath/shower rooms with Villeroy and Boch sanitary ware
• Majestic drawing room/dining room/study featuring spectacular barrel vaulted ceiling, grand stone fireplace with inset wood burner and large impressive stone mullion windows including bay window together with seating
• Excellent built in cupboard/wardrobe space as well as eaves storage space
• TV and FM aerial points to all principal rooms
• Private entrance hall with original staircase leading to first floor landing which benefits from lots of natural light via a series of stone mullion windows, including a particularly large window above the stairwell
• Range of carpeted, limestone tiled and oak floor surfaces
Communal Grounds: The communal gardens are a feature of the scheme comprising formal courtyard spaces, water feature, pathways, manicured lawns and varieties of specimen trees, all of which are maintained to the highest standard for the enjoyment of the residents. Nearby bicycle and bin stores.
Car Parking: Secure underground garaging with allocated spaces for two cars together with lift access to ground level.
Energy Performance Rating: EPC exempt due to the building being Grade II Listed.
Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected.
Local Authority: West Berkshire Council, Market Street, Newbury.
Council Tax: Payable for the year 2017/18 - £2,769.56 (Band G).
Tenure: Leasehold. The property is held upon the balance of a 999 year lease from 2006 at a ground rent of £150 per annum.
Service Charge: The service charge for 2017 is £3,713.58 to include all common parts internal and external maintenance, cleaning, building insurance and a contribution towards the development’s reserve fund.
The development’s owner-led management company ensures that the buildings and grounds are kept in immaculate condition under the supervision of their own Estate Manager.
Post Code: RG7 5TZ.
Directions: From Theale (M4/J12) proceed west on the A4 towards Newbury, continue past the turning to Beenham and then go straight across at the next roundabout. After about two thirds of a mile turn right into Cods Hill, proceed up this road where after about one mile the scheme will be found on the right hand side.
Viewing/DisclaimerPlease contact us on 0118 984 1841 (option 1) if you wish to arrange a viewing appointment for this property or require further information.
Neville Turner endeavour to maintain accurate depictions of properties in Virtual Tours, Floor Plans and descriptions, however, these are intended only as a guide and purchasers must satisfy themselves by personal inspection.